Elder Tyler Haslam

Elder Tyler Haslam
Elder Tyler James Haslam

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Week 55 - Transfers Coming Soon

Hey Everyone!
 
So our investigator, Winston, dropped us this past week. It was a huge bummer because he had been keeping all of his commitments and was feeling his faith increase. He basically told us that he doesn't want to pay tithing or keep the Sabbath day holy. So that's been tough to deal with, but I'm confident he'll accept the Gospel sometime in the future. 
 
We did, however, find a new investigator! His name is James, and he's been blind his entire life. We found him while knocking doors, and he said we could come back the next day. When we stopped by, he let us in, and we taught him. It was very apparent the whole time we taught him that he was blind (he was carrying around one of those sticks that blind people use), but, my companion didn't quite catch that memo haha. Towards the end of the lesson, Elder Swainson gave him a pamphlet and told him to read it if he had any questions!! It was so sad. I was trying to mouth the word, "NOOOOO" to him, but my comp didn't see me. Anyways, James went on to tell him that he couldn't read it, but he did it very politely. So we're teaching him again this Thursday. Hopefully, that goes well. 
 
Other than that not much else happened. The next time I email, I'll know if I'm staying here or not. If I do stay, that'll be 5 transfers (7.5 months) in Cole Harbour.
 
Love you all. Have a good week.
 
-- Elder Haslam