Elder Tyler Haslam

Elder Tyler Haslam
Elder Tyler James Haslam

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Week 94 - This Week Was So Great!

Hi Guys!!

This week was so great! I had the best week on my mission for finding new investigators! We found 4 this week! One was someone who contacted us on Facebook and the other 3 were found through knocking! The one found on Facebook is named Kelsey, and she's so awesome. She's 23 and lives out in the boonies of our area, so it's a miracle that we are able to teach her. Actually, some Elders in Moncton found her and starting messaging her about the gospel over Facebook. They taught her over Skype with us and then we met with her in person. She came to church, and she's on date to be baptized! She's awesome! She really wants to be baptized and establish a relationship with God. She's probably the most solid of our 4 new investigators! I only really have time to talk about her today!

We had zone conference in Fredericton yesterday. It was weird to go to Fredericton because I haven't been there in over a year. It was also weird to not see it covered in snow! I was there from December to April before, so it was buried in snow that whole time. But the zone conference was probably the most spiritual conference I've been to on my mission. It was President and Sister Pratt's last conference, since they're leaving next week. I'm really, really, really going to miss them. They've had such a major impact on my life. President Pratt has helped me through a lot, and I have no clue how to repay him. It's gonna be hard to finish the last stretch of my mission without them, but I'll be alright. I'm convinced that one of the primary reasons I was called to this mission is because of the Pratts--God knew they could teach me invaluable lessons. He wanted to give me an exit interview despite me still having a couple months left, so that was really nice and gave me one last opportunity to learn from him. I love that man!


That's about all I have for this week! I know that God is real. I know His love is real even though we may reject it at times. His love isn't dependent on whether or not we are obedient to commandments. He loves all of us no matter what we have done. I do, however, know that His love is magnified and enriched as we live in accordance with His will. I've personally felt that in my life. We should always be seeking what the Lord's will is for us every moment of every day.

Love you all! Have a great week! 


Elder Haslam

Last Zone Conference with President Pratt