Elder Tyler Haslam

Elder Tyler Haslam
Elder Tyler James Haslam

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Week 51 - Training a New Missionary

Hi Everybody!

I'm short on time, so this one will be a bit brief!

This week I had to say goodbye to Elder Warner, which was hard because he's such a stud. Now he gets to enjoy Utah again. :) My new comp's name is Elder Swainson. He's from Alberta, so I have a native Canadian companion again!

We've been doing a lot of knocking this past week, and we'll be doing more of the same this week, so hopefully we can start seeing some success. Some lady let us in this week, and we were pretty excited, but all she wanted to do was bash and argue with us so we left. 

Today in studies I read a scripture in Alma 26:22 that says:
Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance.
I read that and I thought that this scripture is a formula for how we can share the Gospel with everyone. As we live the doctrine of Christ and use the tool of prayer to obtain God's will, we will be able to bring happiness into the lives of others.

Hope you all have a great week!

-- Elder Haslam

[Pics: Me with Elder Warner for the last time :(   and Elder Swainson and I watching the eclipse with our special glasses.]

Last Day with Elder Warner

Solar Eclipse in Nova Scotia

My First Greenie - Elder Swainson