Elder Tyler Haslam

Elder Tyler Haslam
Elder Tyler James Haslam

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Week 45 - Saying Goodbye is Hard

Hi!

The highlight of this past week was being able to go to the temple! I'm lucky that I get to be here in one of the Metro areas that's allowed to go to the temple on every transfer day. I got to go through with Dippy too so that was fun!

This past week was pretty sad because I had to say goodbye to Elder Breinholt, Elder Stratton (one of my trainers), and Elder Ablett (leaving Dartmouth to go to Newfoundland). So I had to say a lot of goodbyes on transfer day as well. 

This past transfer has been pretty rough. We've gone about 8 weeks without finding a new investigator in our area. We've been working really hard but we just haven't been seeing any results. I was getting really frustrated and really discouraged with our whole situation. The next personal study I had, I opened up to D&C 6:29-30. In it Christ says,

"29 Verily, verily, I say unto you, if they reject my words, and this part of my gospel and ministry, blessed are ye, for they can do no more unto you than unto me.

30 And even if they do unto you even as they have done unto me, blessed are ye, for you shall dwell with me in glory."


These scriptures brought me a lot of comfort and relieved me of all my frustrations. I realized that while I may be getting rejected over and over, day after day, I'm having experiences similar to what Christ must have experienced. I realized that being rejected is an essential part to living a Christ-like life. It also brought me great feelings of gratitude towards the Savior. Even though I may think I have it rough, the Savior had to deal with much worse circumstances and he was a perfect person. I'm not worried about getting rejected anymore. All I care about now is doing what the Lord asks of me.

Hope everyone has a great week! Love you all!

Also, Happy Birthday to Mom tomorrow. You're the best!! Love you!!

Elder Haslam

Elder Haslam & Elder Ablett

Elder Stratton, Elder Haslam, Elder Breinholt

Message from Elder Ablett