Elder Tyler Haslam

Elder Tyler Haslam
Elder Tyler James Haslam

Monday, January 30, 2017

Week 22 - Finding New Gators

Hello Everyone, 

This week was good! My new companion Elder Jenkins and I found a few potential investigators. We're going to follow-up with them sometime this week!!

On Friday, we taught English to a refugee family from Syria. It was really hard. They hardly speak any English, and we don't speak any Arabic, so we had to move really slowly with them. I'm just hoping they understood what was going on haha. The whole family came to church on Sunday though! So hopefully we can get them to understand our language, and THEN we'll start teaching them about the gospel :).

On Saturday, I tripped and fell while playing ball hockey and landed on the pointy end of another elder's stick. I have like a 4-inch gash on my hip and the biggest bruise I've ever seen. Now, whenever we go out finding, I look like an old grandpa (no offense, Grandpa) because I limp so much. 

On Sunday we went to a Pentecostal church after our church. We ran into a lady while we were knocking and she told us that we need to come to her church. So we did haha. They were all jamming out to gospel rock and stuff when we walked in. Everyone started speaking in "tongues" and stuff so that was, um, interesting. We left early hahaha!

That's about it for this week! Hope you all have a wonderful week! Thank you for the support!


Elder Haslam
Last Picture with Elder Hovey (taken last week)