Elder Tyler Haslam

Elder Tyler Haslam
Elder Tyler James Haslam

Monday, November 7, 2016

Week 10 - Good Things Happening

Hi People!!!

This week was really great. All the days were pretty average except Friday and Saturday. Friday we had zone conference at Hotel because no church buildings are big enough here on Newfoundland. We got a ton of awesome training from President Pratt. We talked a lot about the Doctrine of Christ and how we need to stress it in our teachings. Later that day, President and Sister Pratt took my companions and me, the STLs, and the APs out to dinner at this nice diner place.

Saturday was awesome! President Pratt went on splits with me and my companions, and we got some work done! We stopped by this lady's house, and she had a bunch of questions about the church. At first, she wasn't interested at all, but by the end of the lesson she told us that she wants to believe in our church and she wants to meet with us again! Then, later, we went knocking and some lady let us in and we taught her a Restoration lesson. At the end, she seemed interested and pretty much asked us to come and teach the Plan of Salvation sometime this week. So on Saturday alone we got 2 new gators!!! It was great. 

I also was told on Friday that I'm going to be flying to Halifax with my companions for the Mission Leadership Conference instead of staying in Corner Brook. So that'll be cool! We fly out next Thursday. 

Thanks for all your support and prayers! I love you all! Have a great week!!

Elder Haslam

P.S. Sister Borden finally got her G.E.D. this week! She dropped out of school when she was like 12 so this was a big week for her! Also, we haven't had to take any pills from her this week! I just hope she's not stashing them somewhere......Also thanks mom for the basketball hoop. I took a selfie with it :)