Elder Tyler Haslam

Elder Tyler Haslam
Elder Tyler James Haslam

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Week 2 - MTC

Hello Everyone,

Wow I can't believe it's been 2-weeks already! This week has gone by so fast that I hardly remember it. So, I'm sorry if this is brief. 

This Sunday we heard from Elder Christofferson. He gave an awesome talk about how we know God loves us, but does He trust us! He went on to say that God's trust is much more desirable than his love. I hope you all strive to earn God's trust by doing the things that He would have you do.

I got my travel plans now! I leave for Canada this Tuesday morning, and my flight leaves at 11 a.m. I fly to NYC and I have a layover there for 4 and a half hours. That's kind of a bummer. But then I go from there to Halifax. I should arrive in Canada at 12:15 a.m. local time, so that'll be rough hahaha. 

I'm so excited to go and get started! I'm getting tired of being in a classroom all day. But I've become expert at some dumb things. I can throw a push-pin into a bulletin board from 6 feet away. Also, someone's mom sent them puffed cheese balls, so we've been throwing them into each others mouths and doing trick shots and stuff. Also, one day when we were bored, I convinced the Sisters in our district that if they stared at their hands and said cantaloupe over and over, that there was a riddle for them to discover. So after 20-min of them shouting cantaloupe at their hands, we finally told them that it wasn't a riddle at all. As you can tell, we're really productive sometimes! However, we actually do focus and study most of the time though, and I'm learning a lot. I'm getting pretty confident with my teaching skills now. 

Lanny (Elder Landon Malo) got here yesterday and I've been searching high and low for him but I haven't seen him yet. I'll find him eventually though!

Anyway, I'm running out of time. I just want to let you all know that I know this church is true and I can't wait to bring it to others and help them feel the joy and happiness it brings me. 

Thanks for all the support. 

Go Utes!

Love and miss you all. 


Elder Haslam