Elder Tyler Haslam

Elder Tyler Haslam
Elder Tyler James Haslam

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Week 96 - Christ's Atonement is Very Real!

Hello People!!

I'm pressed for time because we have interviews today with our new mission president!! I'm excited to meet him. I'm sure we'll be excellent buddies after the 1.5 months I get to serve with him.

Our on-date investigator, Kelsey, is doing great. Well, health wise she's not doing great. She's been in and out of the hospital because of problems she's having with her throat. She's contagious, so we've been teaching her over Skype and it's going well. We taught her the Word of Wisdom this week and she accepted to live it. She says it will be really hard for her to give up her coffee, but she committed to give it up still. I'm excited to see her get baptized in a few weeks!!

Last week we went to this cool place called St. Martins where you can walk on the ocean floor when the tides are out in the Bay of Fundy. We found this little cove that we had to repel into with a rope, and we chilled there for a few hours and played spike ball. It was a TON of fun!! 

I'm loving life and I'm loving my companions. This has been one of my favorite transfers so far. I can't believe how fast time's going. It's been CRAZY seeing some of my friends start coming home. 

I'm grateful I get to do the Lord's work, and I'm even more grateful for the blessings I've received from my service. I know God is real. I also know that Christ's Atonement is very real. I think that's the greatest knowledge I've gained from my mission.

Hope you all have a great week!

Elder Haslam


P.S. I HATE THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS.