Elder Tyler Haslam

Elder Tyler Haslam
Elder Tyler James Haslam

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Week 89 - Final Skype With My Mom on Mother's Day

Hello!!

Holy cow! The weeks are flying by. I feel like my last p-day was yesterday!! I want to start off by telling you all how much I love my mom. It was awesome to get to see her and talk to her this week. Love you, mom! 

In other news, Wednesday we had zone conference, and Elder Bringhurst and I gave a presentation on car maintenance. Kind of dull subject matter, but it it went pretty well. No one fell asleep, so we'll call it a win! Overall, it was a really good conference. We talked about the power of the Book of Mormon and how it directs us to Jesus Christ. I don't think I'd have much of a testimony of Jesus Christ without the Book of Mormon.

Thursday we contacted a former media referral named Kaitlyn, and we picked her up as a new investigator! She's awesome. She's a music major at Acadia, but she still lives in the area even though it's summer semester. She said she'd like to find out if The Book of Mormon is true, so that seems pretty promising!

Friday we weekly planned and taught a lesson to Mare. We taught her all about the after life, and she loved it. She's doing really well!! She loves the Church. After that we went knocking, and we met some interesting people, but those are stories for later.... 

Saturday our investigator Judy went to our ward relief society breakfast and really enjoyed it. We taught her afterwards and put her on date for June 9th. She's awesome! We're just trying to make sure  she understands everything that we're teaching.

On Sunday all of our investigators couldn't come to church because they already had Mother's day plans, so that was kind of lame. But I did get to Skype the family for the last time on my mission, so that was pretty cool!! 

That's about all for this week. I hope all the mothers had an awesome Mother's day on Sunday. Again, I love you mom and don't know what life would be like if you hadn't reminded me to wash my face and brush my teeth every day for the first 18 years of my life. Love you!

Elder Haslam